Use Up Old Bananas With this Easy 3-Ingredient Monster Cookie Recipe
It never fails - I buy bananas each week and we always have a couple left over that get too ripe to eat. I've made all kinds of recipes with them but my favorite is the monster cookie recipe that you can mix pretty much anything into. And they are super healthy, and delicious, so you can feel good about eating more than one!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Smash bananas until smooth. You can use a fork or electric mixer.
- Add in peanut butter and beat until smooth.
- Fold in oats.
- Fold in mix-ins (optional -see below).**
- Use a tablespoon and place them onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten them out with the top of the spoon. They will not rise or spread out so it's important to make your ideal cookie shape before baking. And you can make them as big or small as you want. They do retain their size and shape so it's a great cookie cake recipe too!
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Cool before eating.
**Now this is where it gets fun. You have the option of mixing in whatever you want! I put in coconut and chocolate chips but you can add:
- chocolate chips
- M&Ms or other candy bars chunks
- raisins or dried fruits
- orange zest
- cereal pieces
- 2 tbsp honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar if you want them sweeter - I think just the sugar from the peanut butter and bananas tastes great though!
- STORE YOUR COOKIES WITH A SLICE OF BREAD TO KEEP YOUR COOKIES SOFTER LONGER!
- USE UP OLD EASTER AND HALLOWEEN CANDY!
- SERVE UP FOR BREAKFAST!