End of the Road for Ohio Valley in Cal Ripken World Series
Our local Newburgh Junior Baseball team (Ohio Valley) played their last game in the Cal Ripken World Series baseball games.
Coach Marty Watson and the team have done a great job making it to the Top 4 out of a total of 20 teams from around the world. Unfortunately, the team lost to Hawaii today (Aug. 8th) with a final score of 3 -1.
- Saturday, Aug. 3 - Ohio Valley beat California 3-2.
- Saturday, Aug. 3 - Ohio Valley lost to Branson 2-1.
- Monday, Aug. 5 - Ohio Valley beat Oregon 7-2.
- Tuesday, Aug. 6 - Ohio Valley beat Pennsylvania 5-1.
- Wednesday, Aug. 7 - Ohio Valley beat Southwest 11-3.
- Thursday, Aug. 8 - Ohio Valley lost to Hawaii 3-1.
We are so proud of the accomplishments of the whole team. They've worked so hard this season and honestly, this is just the beginning of great things to come in their future of baseball.
The 2019 Cal Ripken Major70 World Series is televised exclusively on the STADIUM network. They will air 34 live games over eight days, including the International Championship, US Championship and World Championship on Saturday, August 10th.
You can find the Stadium network on smart tv's, Sling, Roku, the App Store, or go online to watchstadium.com.
The World Series tournament began August 2nd and continues through this Saturday, August 10th in Branson, Missouri with 9 countries representing including Japan, New Zealand, and more
Congratulations to all the Newburgh Junior Baseball Blue Knights and coaches on a job well done! We're hometown proud!