The 10 Weirdest Minor League Baseball Team Names
Since baseball is back in full effect, I thought this would be kind of a fun read for all of you baseball fans. Now, you probably associate the sport with your favorite MLB team, but there are a ton of local minor league teams out there that should be a bigger deal solely based on their names. When you think of a team name, you look for something strong, powerful, and intimidating...you won't find that here...
"USA Today" ranked "The 10 Weirdest Minor League Baseball Team Names." Surprisingly, the Evansville Otters did not make the list. After reading the list, you will totally understand why.
1. The New Orleans Baby Cakes- the Triple-A affiliate of the Miami Marlins.
2. The Asheville Tourists- a farm team of the Colorado Rockies.
3. The El Paso Chihuahuas- the Triple-A affiliate for the San Diego Padres.
4. The Lansing Lugnuts- a farm team of the Toronto Blue Jays.
5. The Montgomery Biscuits- the Double-A affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays.
6. The Binghamton Rumble Ponies- the Double-A affiliate of the New York Mets.
7. The Orem Owlz- a farm team of the L.A. Angels of Anaheim.
8. The West Virginia Power- a farm team of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
9. The Chattanooga Lookouts- the Double-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins.
10. The Albuquerque Isotopes- the Triple-A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies.