Indiana State Police Accepting Trooper Applications Through January 2nd
The Indiana State Police are currently accepting applications from individuals with a desire to serve and protect the communities they live in.
There's no question the world can be a scary and dangerous place. Fortunately there are brave men and women living among us with a desire to keep us safe from those who look to harm others. If you or someone you know have that desire, a career in law enforcement with the Indiana State Police (ISP) may be for you.
Applications are currently being accepted through the Indiana State Police Department website.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 21 and less than 40 years of age when appointed as a police employee. (Appointment date is October 19, 2017)
- Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 distant binocular acuity in both eyes.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to operate an automobile.
- Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere within the State of Indiana as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma
New employees receive a bi-weekly paycheck of $1,445.75 during the academy training, with an annual starting salary of of $39,213.00 a year at the completion of training. The department also offers health care including medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage for both themselves and their families, until reaching the age 65, as well as a lifetime pension after 25 years of service. Additionally, the Indiana State Police Department provides comprehensive disability coverage and a life insurance program, plus student loan forgiveness programs are being currently being offered. More information on the forgiveness program can found online.
If you have any questions, or need more information, contact info for local ISP recruits can be found through the Department's website.