EVSC Marching Bands Make History at State Finals
The 2019 ISSMA semi-state competitions were held on Saturday, November 2nd, and it was a great day for a bunch of high school marching bands from southwestern Indiana. It was a historically great day for the EVSC though.
For the first time ever, three bands from the EVSC advanced to the state finals in the same year. The Reitz, Harrison and North marching bands are three of the ten best (Class B) bands in the state - that's never happened before! And it was extra special for the Harrison Warrior Command because this is their first trip to state in school history! North made it to state last season and Reitz back in 2017.
In all, 14 bands from this region will head to Lucas Oil Stadium this Saturday, November 9th, hoping to take home the state title for their school - that's 35% percent of the total state finalists.Their performance times are below (all times are Eastern). Aren't you proud to live in an area that encourages music and produces such amazing programs? Wouldn't it be awesome if we flooded Lucas Oil to show our support?
- 10:30am - Evansville North Green Brigade Marching Band
- 10:45am - Evansville Harrison Warrior Command
- 11:30am - Jasper Marching Wildcats
- 12:15pm - F.J. Reitz Mighty Marching Panthers
- 1:35pm - Mt. Vernon Marching Wildcats
- 2:35pm - Princeton Marching Tigers
- 3:20pm - Vincennes Lincoln Pride of the Green
- 4:40pm - Pride of Paoli
- 4:55pm - Tell City Marching Marksmen
- 5:10pm - Mater Dei Marching Wildcats
- 5:40pm - Forest Park Marching Rangers
- 6:40pm - Springs Valley Blackhawk Brigade
- 6:55pm - Southridge Marching Raider Band
- 9pm - Castle Marching Knights