911 Gives Hope for the Holidays – Ronald McDonald House Special (non-toy) Need List
As the Ronald McDonald House of Evansville nears the conclusion of the third year of operations, we hope you will join us and open your hearts to those who need it most from throughout the Tri-State ~ our children and their families! Since opening on January 18, 2010, the Evansville Ronald McDonald House continues to support the families of children receiving medical treatment at area hospitals and medical facilities, with a primary focus on the families of neonatal and pediatric and intensive care patients.
When: Friday, November 30th @ 5PM – Sunday, December 2nd @ 6 PM
Where: Eastside Wal-Mart (North Burkhardt, Evansville, IN)
This year, 911 Gives Hope for the Holidays is helping the Ronald McDonald House to cultivate some much needed non-toy items for families during their stay. 911 Gives Hope For The Holiday’s will be held on November 30th thru December 2nd at the Evansville East Side Wal-Mart. Please stop by and donate a new toy to help bring a smile to a sick kid this holiday season.
- To purchase online and send directly to the 911 Gives Hope for the Holidays office, click HERE.
- For a complete in-store printable toy list, click HERE.
Bedding & Linens
- Linens —Queen Sheet Sets (White), Blankets, Waterproof Mattress Cover, Pillows, Pillow Cases, Comforter Set/Quilt (White)
- Linens — Bath Towels (White), Hand Towels (White), Washcloths (White)
- Dishwasher detergent
- Hand Soap
- Liquid & Powdered laundry soap Liquid fabric softener/Dryer sheets Paper Towels, Napkins
- Toilet Tissue
- Garbage Bags (Tall Kitchen and Small Bathroom) Plastic Wrap / Aluminum Foil Kitchen Counter Wipes (Lysol) Cleaning Products — Bleach, Lysol, Mr Clean, Windex, Pledge, etc
- Dust Buster
- Dust Mop
- Rubber Gloves
- Mop — Several needed, Kitchen, Restrooms and Guest Bathrooms
- Two Wheel Dolly
- Handheld Shower Heads
- Guest Items
- Toothpaste (personal size)
- Personal/feminine hygiene products
- Shampoo & Conditioner (personal size)
- Deodorants (personal size)
- Mouthwash (personal size)
- Please note: Anything not on this list other than monetary or food items must be pre-approved by the Executive Director or House Operations Manager prior to acceptance at the house
- Breakfast Items: Frozen Waffles, Pancakes, French Toast, Individual size cereals
- Frozen Meats — Chicken, Ham, Beef Fruit Juices
- Hamburger, Chicken & Tuna Helper Canned meats & fish (chicken, ham, tuna) Canned chicken and beef broth
- Soups & stews (no chicken noodle, vegetable) Canned tomatoes and tomato sauce Tomato sauce
- Canned fruit
- Snack Foods —Cookies, crackers, chips Cake / Brownie Mixes
- Miracle Whip, Mayonnaise & Ketchup Salt and Pepper
- Bread, Milk, Eggs, Yogurt
- Cooking Oil/Cooking Spray
- Canned Icing
- Storage Containers, Ziploc Bags — Various sizes Gift Cards grocery stores, WalMart, Sam's Club, etc First Aid Supplies — Neosporin, Chap stick, Band- Aids
Fun Things for our Guests
Many of our families will be with us for two or more months, so it's nice to be able to provide things they can do to help make their stay a little easier. Anything that a family, a couple, or a single parent might enjoy such as:
- Restaurant Coupons/Gift Cards
- Movie Passes
- Bowling Passes
- Certificates for manicures, haircuts
- Passes for area attractions, Reitz Home, CMoE, etc.
Due to the health concerns of the sick children receiving your donation, only new toys can be accepted.