Tortellini Pasta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing [Recipe]
For my baby shower, my mom used a similar version of this recipe and made tortellini skewers. I eliminated the skewer step, changed a few ingredients and added a few for personal taste. Enjoy!
Tortellini Pasta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
1 package of frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small carton of grape tomatoes
- 1 can olives (Use whatever olives you prefer. You can use pitted Greek olives or black olives. I chose a buttery green olive in sea salt water.)
- 1 package of fresh, soft mozzarella cheese, cut into small chunks (low moisture will not be as good!)
- 2 tspb capers
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves, torn into quarters (optional)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe below)
Place tortellini, tomatoes, olives, cheese, capers and basil in a large bowl. Gently toss with balsamic vinaigrette. Set for 1 hour, chilled. Serve
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic (pressed or chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh finely chopped parsley
Combine all ingredients. Mix thoroughly, set 10 mins before tossing with salad.