How to Make Linguini with Clams in an Instant Pot [RECIPE]
It seems like everyone LOVES their Instant Pot... Me? Well, I don't exactly love it but I'm giving it a fair shake.
This weekend, I made Linguini with Clam Sauce in the Instant Pot. Now, I was thinking the same thing you probably are... how can you make pasta without boiling the pasta? I know, madness. But, I was really happy with the outcome and it was fairly easy. I thought for sure it would stick - like when you boil pasta and don't stir it enough but the texture was a perfect al dente and the noodles were perfectly slippery...
Here's what I did.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 3 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup wine
- 1 and 1/4 cup water
- pinch salt/pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles (I use Barilla)
- 1 package of frozen whole clams in the shell and 1 can of clams (if you like it good and clammy!)
- 4 large mushrooms (chopped) I used baby bellas but you can use white mushrooms too
- 1/2 leek (chopped)/optional
- parmesan cheese
- dried parsley
- Set Instant Pot to sautee and add olive oil. After about a minute, add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off sautee and add garlic, parsley, lemon juice, wine, oregano, salt, pepper. Stir to coat in olive oil.
- Pour 1 cup water over mixture.
- Break pasta into thirds over the mixture and push down into the liquid.
- Pour 1/4 cup water over noodles.
- Place frozen clams (with ice) over the noodles. Used canned clams too if you want it clammy! NOTE: if you are ONLY using canned clams, use an extra pinch of salt.
- Place mushrooms on top of clams.
- Top with any additional herbs/spices and chopped leek if you want.
- Cover Instant Pot and close release valve.
- Set a timer to 6 minutes until al dente, 7 for soft noodles.
- When it's finished cooking, open release. Mix with a large spoon. All clams should be open (discard clams that are still closed).
- Let stand for 10 minutes. The mixture will be soupy but if you let it stand it will thicken.
- Serve topped with parmesan and parsley.
**If you don't have an Instant Pot, you can still use this recipe in a stock pot on the stove. Just cover, increase cook time to 11-12 minutes, and stir regularly.