How to Make a Restaurant Style Baked Potato at Home
Ever wonder how restaurants get their baked potatoes so amazing delicious? After many potato fails, I discovered the secret!
- 1 Large Baking Potato
- 2 tbsp melted salted (real) butter
- 1/2 tbsp garlic salt/pepper to taste
- tin foil
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Place two ice cubes in microwave oven and microwave your un-pierced potato for 4-5 minutes depending on size. Add an additional 2-3 minutes/potato again depending on size and one additional ice cube per potato. Check on potato every three minutes for softness and add new ice cubes each time.
- Place each potato on individual foil square. Mix melted butter, garlic salt and pepper and apply generously to potato. Wrap potato in foil so no butter leaks.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, turning at the 15 minute mark.
- Open and garnish as desired! **If potato is still hard, place in oven for another 10 minutes.