Homemade Banana Split Cake Pudding Poke Cake [RECIPE]
Oh my goodness… I made up this recipe and put it together for my family Easter dinner. Holy cats, it’s good! My family devoured an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil + 2 tbsp oil to line pan
- 1 large package or 2 small packages of vanilla or banana cream pudding (I used the kind you cook but you can try instant)
- 3 cups milk (to package directions)
- 1 can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 2 sliced (ripe if possible) bananas
- maraschino cherries
- chopped walnuts
- chocolate chips
- Redi whip/dairy topping
- Prepare yellow cake by mixing three eggs, water and oil together and blending softly into box cake mix. Spread oil in pan to keep cake from sticking. I think this works better than the spray but you can use spray too. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes to desired brownness. Allow to cool for at least an hour.
- Prepare cook or instant pudding. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Mix pineapple and bananas into pudding. Poke holes in cake using a straw. Spread pudding mix over cooled cake.
- Top with nuts, chocolate chips and cherries. Chill at least an hour if you can!
- Serve with dairy whipping.