Evansville Police Publish List of Prohibited Items at Shrinersfest
If you and your family or friends have plans to stop by the Evansville riverfront, the Evansville Police Department want you to know what you can and can’t bring.
The 3rd annual Shrinersfest runs daily through Sunday and features something for everyone including carnival rides, food, live music, hydroplane boat races, and an airshow. Those wishing to attend will need to first purchase a $5 button available at locations across the city.
Like any street festival, there are some personal items that you will be allowed to bring to Riverside Drive according to the EPD such as:
- Food or Beverages
- Umbrellas (small not to block view of others)
- Baby Strollers
- Folding or collapsible chairs
- Cell Phones
However, there are also a number of items you will not be able to possess once you cross the gates. These items include:
- Illegal substances (including narcotics) or drug paraphernalia
- Glass containers
- Skateboards, scooters, or personal motorized vehicles
- Toy Guns
- Water Guns
- Non-collapsible chairs
- Large Tents
- Pets (except service dogs)
- No illegal vending is permitted. No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed
- No unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling or give aways
- No metal aerosol containers, including sunscreen
The EPD are also encouraging those wishing to attend the festival to bring, or wear, sunscreen, water/sport drinks, hats, light colored clothing, and comfortable shoes.
For the complete list of events during happening at this week’s festival, visit the official Shrinersfest website.
[Source: Evansville Police Department Facebook]