Evansville Police Department is Hiring Officers
EPD is hiring, however deadline to apply is coming up quickly.
Evansville Police Department is hiring new officers, but the deadline to apply is coming up quickly. Applications need to be in by October 31st.
Per EPD's website here are the basic requirements to become an officer:
- United States Citizen
- Must be 21-35 years of age at time of application
- Have a high school diploma or GED* certificate
- Have no convictions of a felony criminal violation
- Have no conviction of domestic violence or a domestic violence-related offense, either misdemeanor or felony
- Must be of good moral character
- Possess a valid driver's license from current state of residence
- Military discharge (if applicable) cannot be characterized as "other than honorable", "bad conduct", or "dishonorable"
- Must pass mandatory drug screening
- Have uncorrected vision at least 20/100 in both eyes, or be a long-term successful user of soft contact lenses correctable to 20/30 (must also be free from color blindness)
- Must be able to pass a physical agility assessment test
- Must be able to pass a competitive written exam
- Must submit to in-depth background investigation; polygraph, psychological testing and medical examination
(*)Applicants with GED certificate must have either 30 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university with a 2.0 or better GPA or a minimum of 2 years of military service.
If you meet those requirements and you're interested in a career in law enforcement get your application in ASAP, as the deadline is quickly coming up on October 31st. You can apply at EvansvillePolice.com