10 Kinds of Workers Who Deserve a Tip
Although it's not common to tip these workers, we think they deserve one.
It's expected to tip your waiter or waitress, but in our opinion, there's tons of other workers out there that deserve some recognition for their hard work.
1. FedEx/UPS/USPS workers. I mean they're literally working long hours every single day to make sure you get all the important documents and Amazon splurges on time. They deserve a tip. If you can't manage that, leave them a snack and a bottle of water.
2. Flight attendants. These workers are similar to servers, so therefore they deserve a tip. Their job is to keep you safe and make you comfortable, so throw them a few bucks. You'd tip your waitress at a restaurant, so why not your waitress on a plane?
3. Teachers. They're already severely underpaid for the amount of work and effort they put into their job, so they deserve a top spot on the tip list. They take care of bratty kids all day, every day, and are quite literally the most responsible people for the future.
4. Law enforcement officers. This really doesn't need an explanation - their job is to keep you safe. They put their lives on the line each and every day to make sure you and your family are protected, so they undoubtedly deserve a tip.
5. Military personnel. Following up from law enforcement officers, military workers also deserve a tip. They are the sole reason this country remains protected and free. There is never enough compensation in the world to show our appreciation for these people, but it doesn't hurt to try.
6. Retail workers. While I've never been in retail myself, I've heard how grueling it can be. I HATE folding and putting away laundry, so I can't even fathom that being a main component of my job. Plus, they have to put up with rude customers and the coupon queens and I just can't imagine.
7. Photographers. I think every photographer should be tipped adequately. Their job is to make you/your family look beautiful. They work crazy hours to find the perfect time of the day for the best shots. And, they also have to put up with all the weather elements and sassy clients who want things a certain way.
8. Vet techs. These are the most overlooked people in the vet's office, yet their job is typically the most hands-on...and dirty. They do a majority of the dirty work but don't get paid nearly as much as they should, so a tip never hurts. Can you imagine going into work every day to get peed on and bit? Me either.
9. Fast food workers. Whether it's the guy on skates at sonic or the sweet lady at Donut Bank, fast food workers deserve a tip. First of all, they're working for hardly anything, but we rarely pay them any attention as they prepare our morning coffee. Throw a few bucks in their change jar as you're heading out to show your appreciation.
10. Daycare workers. Much like teachers, daycare workers deserve a tip. They keep your child happy, fed, and healthy while you're away at work. In many ways, they are the sub-parent for a majority of the day, so it's important to recognize their hard work. Honestly, they probably change more diapers than you in a given day, so just keep that in mind.