Winter Weather Meal Idea: Delicious Italian Beef in the Crockpot [Unbelievably Easy Recipe]
Some pretty nasty winter weather is on its way this weekend. Have you prepared a meal plan if roads become unusable for a few days?
If you have electricity, your best friend will be the crockpot. I'd suggest making this recipe overnight and putting in the fridge. If you do lose power, you can reheat it in a cast iron skillet on the grill!
- Large Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 12-15 oz Jar of Pepperoncinis - depending on how much you like pepperoncinis (with juice)
- 1/2 sliced onion (optional)
- 1 Packet of Dry Italian Dressing (zesty Italian gives it a kick)
- 1 packet of au jus gravy mix
- Buns (I like French bread buns)
- Provolone or mozzarella cheese (optional)
- I picked out a nice, fatty chuck roast - the marbled fat helps tenderize the meat and it's usually pretty cheap.
- Place roast in crock pot and pour juice over roast.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing over roast until covered. Sprinkle 1/2 packet of au jus into juice. (You may add more au jus gravy mix to taste at halfway cook time mark.)
- Place pepperocinis around and top of roast. You may add sliced onion on top as well if desired.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours until tender or high 4-5 hours until tender.
- Serve on toasted buns with cheese.