What’s the Secret to Cooking Delicious Chicken Wings That Are Frozen? The Answer is Here! [Gameday Recipe]
I’ll admit, sometimes I’m lazy and impatient. I don’t want to wait for my chicken wings to thaw out and putting them in the microwave makes them rubbery. I just want to put them on the pan frozen and hope for the best.
But, I discovered a secret to delicious chicken wings that come straight from the freezer. No thawing required.
- 1 bag of frozen chicken wings
- 3-4 tbsp melted butter
- seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic salt, thyme, etc.)
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Place wings at least one inch apart on lined cookie sheet – meaty side up. (Lining with parchment or tin foil helps with cleanup.)
- Mix butter with seasonings and coat wings. Make sure to get under the wing too. Butter will harden but that’s okay!
- Bake 20 minutes. Check on wings. Bake an additional 10 minutes for crispiness.
- Optional: spin or baste in BBQ, hot or mild sauce for added flavor. Never bake or grill wings with BBQ sauce on for more than a few minutes – it will burn!