What Are Your Embarrassing Driving Mistakes, Evansville and Tri-State?
I’m going to confess right up front that I frequently forget, especially if I’ve been in a place for very long, where I parked my car! And how embarrassing is it when you cut a turn too sharply and you hit the curb with the tire, or worse, pop up and then down as you run over it? Two thousand drivers (50% men/50% women) were asked what their most embarrassing driving mistakes have been and this is what they said…
The top ten:
- 53% – Forgot where they parked (ding, ding, ding! I hit the jackpot on this one!)
- 43% – Drove over a curb in a parking lot
- 37% – Locked keys in the car
- 34% – Drove down a one-way street the wrong way
- 31% – Driven away from a parking spot with something on the roof
- 29% – Tried to open a car door, then realized it wasn’t their car
- 27% – Other cars or objects were too close, so they couldn’t back out of a parking spot
- 26% – Dropped money (or food!) at a drive-through window
- 22% – Initiated the vehicle’s alarm accidentally
- 18% – Lost a toll ticket and couldn’t find it at the toll payment booth
I can (proudly?) admit to most of those ten. How about you?