Wednesdays With Winnecke Talks About Two Evansville Holiday Traditions [Audio]
On this week’s edition of Wednesdays With Winnecke, we had two special guests in the studio to discuss two long-time holiday institutions for Evansville and the region. We’re talking about the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign, and the annual Hadi Shrine Circus.
Segment 1 is all about the Salvation Army (hear the audio below):
- Talking with Sandy Appler from the Salvation Army about their Red Kettle Campaign
- What exactly does the Salvation Army do? What kind of services do they provide?
- How is the money collected used?
- Lots of bell ringing volunteers are needed this year…how can you get involved?
- Segment 1 audio
Segment 2 focuses on the Hadi Shrine Circus (hear the audio below):
- Brian Ball from the Hadi Temple is the man to tell us about this year’s circus.
- What the are show dates and times?
- How are the various acts selected each year?
- How the transition to the Ford Center has been.
- Clowns, clowns, clowns.
- How the Hadi Temple works in our community
- Segment 2 audio