Top 10 Places in Indiana to Enjoy the Fall Colors
After a bout of unseasonable warm temperatures across much of Indiana, it now officially appears to be October here in the Hoosier state. And with the loom of autumn comes the leaves changing colors, which ultimately, contributes to one of the most breath taking seasons one can experience throughout the Midwest.
But where exactly in Indiana are some of the best places to take a day trip and enjoy some of the most vibrant colors of the changing seasons?
Well, according to a recent list published by In.gov/VisitIndiana, Brown County State Park in Brown County, Indiana is the most colorful representation of fall here in Indiana, followed by the Indiana Dunes State Park in Chesterton.
Here is the rest of the list:
Top 10 Places in Indiana to View Fall Colors
1. Brown County State Park – Brown County
2. Indiana Dunes State Park – Chesterton
3. Clifty Falls State Park – Madison
4. Turkey Run State Park – Marshall
5. Indiana University – Bloomington
6. Explore Brown County – Nashville
7. Spring Mill State Park – Mitchell
8. West Beach – Portage
9. McCloud Nature Park – North Salem
10. University of Notre Dame – South Bend
What are some of your favorite spots to enjoy the fall foliage?