Things You Need to Know in Evansville IN Today – July 31, 2012
Need a quick update on what's going on today? From weather to local/national news, to what's trending to local entertainment - we've got it all just for you!
- Black Buggy building to become a bank
- Ryan Specht - second man involved in 1998 convenience store shooting to be released
- Deaconess Women's Hospital named one of the best places to work in healthcare
- Several business along St. Joe evacuated Tuesday morning for possible gas leak
- Tri-State Weather - Partly Cloudy. Hotter & Humid with a Few Spotty Storms Developing After Noon (Best Chance Northeast of Evansville). High 95-100 with an Afternoon Heat Index Around 105.
- Trespass America Tour with Five Finger Death Punch & Many More Tonight @ Ford Center
- The Cake Boss to speak Sunday, August 5th at the Victory Theatre - VIP Tickets up for auction to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, General Admission still available via Ticketmaster
- Germania Maennerchor begins Volksfest 2012 this week
Here are the headlines from day three of the London Olympics:
- 17-year-old swimming star Missy Franklin won the 100-meter backstroke. It marks her first gold medal.
- Franklin, who goes to high school in Auroa, Co. dedicated the win to those affected by the tragic shooting earlier this month.
- The U.S. men's gymnastic had a poor showing on Monday. Several members of the team fell during the competition. China, Japan and Britain took home medals.
- The U.S. Team was the favorite to take home the gold medal.
- Americans Venus and Serena Williams both advanced in the tennis competition at Wimbledon
TSMInteractive has a complete wrap-up of the day's headlines: http://tsminteractive.com/2012-summer-olympics-recap-day-3-missy-franklin-and-matt-grevers-win-gold-medals/
The medal count after Sunday's competitions:
China — 17 medals
9 Gold, 5 Silver, 3 Bronze
United States — 17 medals
5 Gold, 7 Silver, 5 Bronze
Japan — 11 medals
1 Gold, 4 Silver, 6 Bronze
Guide to the TV coverage of today's events: http://www.nbcolympics.com/get-local/tvlistings.html
- Over 600 Million without power in India
- Apple to release iPhone 5 in September
- Olympic tweet lands reporter in hot water
- Open arguments set for today in Drew Peterson case
- Miss Teen USA Crowned
The Top 15 Google Trends
- Missy Franklin
- Tom Daley
- Mens Gymnastics
- OJ Murdock
- London 2012 fencing
- Jordyn Wieber
- Shawn Johnson
- McKayla Maroney
- Nadia Comaneci
- Dana Vollmer
- Ryan Lochte
- John Orozco
- Olympic Games
- Olympic schedule
- National Cheesecake Day
- Maeve Binchy
- Jerry Springer
- Cheech & Chong
- Still Up
Box Office Report
The Dark Knight Rises led the box office results again this weekend. Screencrush.com has the complete list.
This weekend's top money makers were:
- The Dark Knight Rises - $64 million
- Ice Age: Continental Driver – $13.3 million
- The Watch - $13 million
- Step Up: Revolution - $11.8 million
- Ted - $7.4 million