Things You Need to Know in Evansville IN Today – July 30, 2012
Need a quick update on what's going on today? From weather to local/national news, to what's trending to local entertainment - we've got it all just for you!
- Keep Evansville Beautiful turns over the 'Adopt a Spot' project to the Evansville Parks Dept.
- Auction still set for Roberts Stadium on Friday
- Indiana may chance welfare guidelines
- Expect Twin Bridges delays this week
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE!
- Tri-State Weather - Sun & Clouds. Hot & Humid with a Few Scattered Showers & Storms. High Around 90.
- Free darts tonight at O'Brians Sportsbar
- The Cake Boss to speak Sunday, August 5th at the Victory Theatre - VIP Tickets up for auction to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, General Admission still available via Ticketmaster
Here are the headlines from day two of the London Olympics:
- France upset the U.S. Men's swim team in the 4X100 freestyle relay. Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte helped led the American team to a silver medal.
- Jordyn Wieber, the defending world champion gymnast failed to make the finals of the women’s all-around competition.
- American swimmer Dana Vollmer won the 100-meter butterfly in a world record time of 55.98 seconds.
Complete wrap-up of the day's headlines: http://tsminteractive.com/2012-summer-olympics-recap-day-2-france-upsets-us-swimmers-in-4x100-relay/
Guide to the TV coverage of today's events: http://www.nbcolympics.com/get-local/tvlistings.html
The medal count after Sunday's competitions:
- China — 12 medals
6 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze
- United States — 11 medals
3 Gold, 5 Silver, 3 Bronze
- Italy — 7 medals
2 Gold, 3 Silver, 2 Bronze
The Top 15 Google Trends
- Jordyn Wieber
- Shawn Johnson
- Nadia Comaneci
- McKayla Maroney
- Dana Vollmer
- Ryan Lochte
- John Orozco
- Olympic Games
- Olympic Medal Count
- Olympic Schedule
- Olympics 2012 schedule
- Hope Solo
- Misty May Treanor
- Bride of Chucky
- Obama Basedgod
- Jackass 2
- Hunter Pence
- New God Flow
- Forrest Gump
Box Office Report
The Dark Knight Rises led the box office results again this weekend. Screencrush.com has the complete list.
This weekend's top money makers were:
- The Dark Knight Rises - $64 million
- Ice Age: Continental Driver – $13.3 million
- The Watch - $13 million
- Step Up: Revolution - $11.8 million
- Ted - $7.4 million