Things You Need to Know in Evansville IN Today – July 24, 2012
Need a quick update on what’s going on today? From weather to local/national news, to what’s trending to local entertainment – we’ve got it all just for you!
- Lawsuit seeks to block the demolition of Roberts Stadium, Alan Brill asked for an independent study
- Employees in the Evansville mayor’s office were declined a raise by the City Council
- Excessive heat warning in effect until later this week
- Tri-State Weather – Partly Cloudy. Breezy, Very Hot, & Humid with a Few Spotty Storms Developing (Best Chance Northeast of Evansville). A Near Record High Around 100 (Evansville Record: 104 – 1934) with a Heat Index Around 105.
- Blender Showcase will be performing at Casino Aztar tonight
- The Vanderburgh 4-H Fair continues all week
Amelia Earhart – Today would have been the famous pilot’s 115th birthday.
- Her Lockheed Model 10 Electra plane disappeared over the Pacific Ocean in 1936. An $2.2 million expedition was underway to find the remnants of her plane, but reports surfaced last week that she said the search ended because of steep, underwater coral cliffs.
Sally Ride – The first US woman in space passed away yesterday at the age of 61.
- Sally Ride suffered a long battle with pancreatic cancer. She went to space on the shuttle Challenger in 1983. More than 42 other American women have flown into space, according to NASA.
Mariah Carey – to judge ‘American Idol’ – reported to make $18 million
The Top 15 Google Trends
- Amelia Earhart
- James Holmes Court
- Chick Fil A
- Sally Ride
- Carly Rae Jepsen
- Angie Everhart
- Penn State
- Teen Choice Awards 2012
- Ernie Els
- Aurora Victims