Thanksgiving Leftover Recipe: Creamy Turkey Cauliflower and Mushroom Soup
I had a beautiful Thanksgiving complete with a 23-lb bird! Of course, there were leftovers (of everything) and so every year I try to come up with creative ways to use up my extra ingredients. Here's this year's masterpiece!
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped turkey
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms (Portabellas are good!)
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 2/3 cup instant rice
- Make a simple roux by melting butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add flour and mix to a paste.
- Slowly add chicken stock and let cook for three minutes.
- Slowly add milk and continue to stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Add in chopped turkey, mushrooms, cauliflower, parsley (salt and pepper to taste). Let cook 7 minutes on medium heat (not boiling).
- Add instant rice, bring to high head and when boiling remove from stove. Allow to cool 10 minutes and serve!
**If you reheat the next day the rice will have absorbed more of the liquid so it will be like a casserole.