Monster Mash Bash Weekend – 10 Things You’ll Need For A Good Time
99.5 WKDQ is gearing up for a huge weekend of Halloween activities. With three big events going on, you’ll need to be prepared, so I’ve compiled a list of items that will get you totally ready for the events of the Monster Mash Bash Weekend!
First Event, Mike Harvey’s Dance Party at the Evansville Coliseum, Saturday Night at 7pm – Brought to you by Blackard for Judge
1. Boogie Shoes – They go with any Halloween costume, and they are essential for getting down to Halloween staples like ‘Thriller’ and ‘The Monster Mash.’
2. Topical Halloween Costume – It’s always essential to have a costume that deals with current events or pop culture. I’m willing to bet there will be a few Honey Boo Boo’s and maybe one of Mitt Romney’s ‘Binders of Women,’ but whatever you choose, make sure it’s creative, because you can win the contest sponsored by Henderson Chevrolet Buick GMC.
3. Tickets – This is the most important! You can’t enjoy the fun if you don’t have a ticket, but luckily, they’re only $10 and you can buy them at this link.
Second Event – Main Street Trick or Treat Sunday from Noon-3pm – Brought to you by Henderson Chevrolet, Buick and GMC
4. A Kid – While it’s always good to be a kid at heart but, it might get a little weird, if you show up by yourself, dressed at Iron Man to get candy. Bring the kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, and neighbors and enjoy!
5. A Trick Or Treat Bag – If there’s one thing I can promise about the event…it’s that there WILL be candy and a lot of it, and there’s nothing worse than having your M&M’s melt in your hand and not in your bag!
6. A Homemade Costume – I have judged the costume contest for kids for the last three years, and I’m always amazed at the things parents and kids come up with. A little hint with my judging…while the Buzz Lightyear costume you bought at Walmart is very cute, it won’t win any votes from me.
7. Your Patience – Lines sometimes get very long at some booths. Take your time and be calm. Everyone will get candy. If you get impatient, you just upset other Trick-or-Treaters, and your kids, and Leslie Morgan…and you don’t want to upset her!
FInal Event – Zombie Walk, Sunday 5pm – Brought to you by Eville Studios
8. Clothes That are as Undead as Zombies – When you want to look like a zombie, you have to dress like a zombie. I’m not sure why all zombies wear clothes that look like they’ve been mauled by a pack of dogs, but that’s the rule! If your shirt doesn’t have at least one rip, you’re not really a zombie.
9. Your Best Moan – Zombies haven’t been known to be the most articulate folks, so if you’re to act like one, you must know the lingo. Random moans, groans, and sighs work, but so do long drawn out monosyllabic words, ie “BRAAAAAINS!”
10. Extra Brains – It’s not a long walk from the Main Street walkway to the Four Freedoms, but in case you get hungry, we ask you don’t snack on your neighbor’s cerebral goodness. We would appreciate if you brought some in a Ziplock bag from home.
Now that you’re ready, we’ll see you this weekend for the events of the Monster Mash Bash!