Indiana Unveils Unimpressive Tourism Slogan
It was announced this week that Indiana would be changing their current slogan of “Restart Your Engines” to… wait for it… “Honest-to-Goodness Indiana.” Now, I don’t really care much about what our state slogan is but what I do care about is the fact that the state spent $100,000 coming up with a bland, boring, and in my opinion, very unimpressive slogan. $100,000!
The state slogan is aimed at bringing in tourism and will be featured on billboard, radio and TV advertising at first in the Indianapolis and St. Louis metro areas. Then, it will expand to regional and national magazine advertisements costing the Indiana Tourism Department about $1 million to promote it. Owensboro and Henderson will be littered with “Honest-to-Goodness Indiana” junk mail.
So, I could use a cool $100,000… so here are some equally unimpressive suggestions for our Tourism Department to get a head start in 2021.
- Indiana – Home of the First Successful Goldfish Farm
- I [HEART] Hoosiers
- You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out in Indiana
- Corn… Corn Everywhere
- Better Than our Neighboring States
- Hey, I Flew Over That State Once
- Get ‘Luck’y in Indiana
- Birthplace of MJ – Michael Jackson not Michael Jordan
- Where the Rubber Hits the Wood Floor
- If Nothing Else You Can Visit Roseanne’s TV House
- Birthplace of Bad Slogans
- Colonel Sanders Was Actually from Indiana but Abraham Lincoln Moved Here When He was 7
- Feels Like the Longest State You’ve Ever Had to Drive Thru
- Meth in Every Pot and Meth Lab in Every Garage
- Forever Midwest…ish
- Attracting Tornadoes Since 1868
- Indiana is for Colts Lovers
- Go Nuts
- Everything’s BIGGER in Indiana… Especially Our Pants!