Indiana Couple OD on Heroin on Children’s Playground
If you have ever felt guilty for not exactly being the perfect parent, this story may help you feel a little better about yourself.
Indiana authorities say they responded to a Hamilton County McDonalds over the weekend, after the parents of two small children were found unresponsive on the restaurant playground from an apparent heroin overdose.
According to reports, when the Green Township police and fire department arrived on the scene, they discovered 33-year-old Tamica Lynn Jeffers and 37-year-old Robert Paul Palmer unconscious and not breathing -- suffering from “life-threatening overdoses.” The couple’s two children, ages 8 and 5, were in their care at the time of the incident.
The overdose victims were rushed to the Mercy West Hospital for treatment before being transported to the Hamilton County Jail and charged with child endangerment.
Court documents indicate that Jeffers is being held on a $6,000 bond, while Palmer, who pleaded not guilty this morning before the Hamilton County Municipal Court, is being held on a $10,000 bond. However, Palmer was instructed by Judge Magan Shanahan not to have any contact with his children if he managed to be released.
Indiana officials say heroin is becoming an increasing problem across the state...even in Evansville.