First Ever ‘Evansville Streets Alive’ Event This Saturday
Evansville's fitness initiative continues this Saturday with the first Streets Alive event, taking place on Fulton Ave. from 11am-3pm. Fulton Avenue will be shut down from Maryland Street to Diamond Avenue for this FREE event.
Streets Alive is a car-free festival of physical activity and healthy foods. It's something brand new for Evansville. Fulton Avenue will be turned into a place for people...where you can bike, walk, skate, take a dance class, do yoga, try the hula hoop and more. You can just hang out and play, eat some great healthy food and be with friends and family!
There will be a couple different areas...an Exercise area and a Dance area. Below is a list of some of the activities scheduled for both.
- 11:ooam - Opening Ceremonies with Mayor Winnecke
- 11:15am - Zumba with Andrea and Jenny
- 11:45am - Tai Chi with Ron Weatherford
- 12:15am - Trix Stix with Zach
- 12:45pm - Cardio Kick/Boot camp with Cindy Hamon
- 1:15pm - Yoga with Elizabeth Frazier
- 1:45pm - Kickboxing with LaDonna
- 2:15pm - Power Yoga with Mark
- 2:45pm - Boot camp with Bob's Gym
- 11am - Opening Ceremonies with Mayor Winnecke (exercise)
- 11:15am - River City Bop
- 11:45am - Children’s Center for Dance
- 12:15pm - River City Dance Connection
- 12:45pm - The Dance Hall
- 1:15pm - International Folk Dancer
- 1:45pm - OPEN
- 2:15pm - OPEN
- 2:45pm - Belly Dance