‘Expendables’ Spoof Features NBA Players as ‘The Relativityavengerables’
With ‘The Expendables 3‘ uniting some of the familiar teammates with new blood to tackle Mel Gibson‘s Conrad Stonebanks (yes, that is his name) on August 15, none seem more excited for the action to come than your favorite NBA players. They’ve even banded together to form their own ‘Expendables’-like crew for an action-packed spoof video, ‘The Relativityavengerables.’ It’s a tongue twister.
DeAndre Jordan, Larry Sanders, Corey Brewer and Amar’e Stoudemire are some of the basketball players who grace the spoof video, created by sports agency Relativity Sports. The spoof is 95% ‘Expendables’ riffing while the remaining 5% takes on the ‘Avengers‘ with the presence of “incredibly strong super duper hero guy,” Dwight Howard. With the real ‘Expendables’ only providing a brief teaser for its upcoming mission, this nearly 4-minute trailer puts it to shame.
Not only that, but the NBA gang banded together for a ‘Relativityavengerables’ movie poster:
As for the actual ‘Expendables 3,’ the film stars Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Terry Crews and Dolph Lundgren making up the veteran cast members, while Ronda Rousey, Wesley Snipes, Kelsey Grammar, Kellan Lutz, Jet Li, Randy Couture, Mel Gibson and Harrison Ford on board as newbies.
The film sees the older, more experienced members enlisting some younger, more tech-savvy members to help bring down Conrad Stonebanks, one of the founding members of The Expendables who became a ruthless arms trader.