Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers [RECIPE]
My new healthy goal: eat more veggies! This recipe really loads up on the goods so I thought I’d share it with you! Plus, most of the cooking happens in the crock pot so it’s a breeze.
- 6 large cored bell peppers (I used three green and three multicolored)
- 1 lb lean hamburger (ground turkey, chicken or pork will work too)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 cans mixed veggies
- 1 package Cuban-style rice and beans (or 1 can black beans, 1 cup of white rice with salt and pepper)
- 1 egg
- 5 stalks of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- Cook rice and beans to manufactures instructions.
- Brown the hamburger meat. Add in onion at the end and saute.
- Mix cooled browned meat, cooled rice and beans, canned veggies, uncooked egg and parsley together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop mixture into uncooked bell peppers. Squirt ketchup on top of peppers to taste.
- Place in crock pot with 1 cup of water. Heat on high 2-3 hours.
Check your peppers for tenderness. Once they are soft, serve. These can also be made in the oven if a crock pot isn’t handy.